Developing Rugby Coaches (DRC) - World Rugby Level 2
DRC is a course which provides coaches with an outstanding overview of coaching rugby. The Manawatu Rugby Union utilises top resource coaches to deliver this programme including International, Super Rugby and ITM Cup coaches.
Outline of DRC - World Rugby Level 2 qualification:
- Principles of Play
- Creating a Learning Environment
- Kick-starts / Restarts
- Team Attack “Win Gain Line”
- Defense “Win Gain Line”
- Game Shape ‘Attacking & Defending from rucks/phases’
- Counter Attack “Transition”
- Online Module - Law Exam Laws Test (Click here for Law Exam)
Online Module - Rugby Ready (Click here for Rugby Ready)
Submit a coaching diary (50 hours of training time required)
Assessed visits by a World rugby coach educator - Competency Based Assessment (To be arranged once you have completed the modules)
Who Should Go?
- 1st XV Coaches
- Club Coaches
- Representative Coaches
- Anyone who wants to be a better coach and wants to keep up with the latest trends in the game
Coaches are welcome to attend as many or as few sessions as they would like. If you are only interested in Lineouts for instance you are welcome to only attend the Lineout session on that day.