World Rugby Coach Educator Course
In early 2006 the IRB undertook a review of all courses and the way coaches and match officials are trained and supported. The research and action plan identified a need to develop a robust, competency-based, quality-assured, training process for
NZ Rugby in conjunction with World Rugby deliver the Educators Course on a regional or national basis, the aim is to identify and develop personnel within the provinces and upskill them with skills and knowledge about how to guide, mentor and assess coaches.
World Rugby Educator selection criteria. Potential Educators are expected to:
- Be nominated by your home Union
- Have appropriate Rugby knowledge, skills and experience to be able to deliver specific courses within your area of specialisation of: coaching, match officiating, strength and conditioning or medical (i.e. hold a minimum of World Rugby Level 2 or equivalent)
- Have a genuine interest in wanting to develop coaches, match officials, strength and conditioning coaches and/or medical personnel
- Hold experience of presenting information to adult groups (e.g. teaching)
- Be open-minded, adaptable to change, welcoming of feedback and willing to self- reflect
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in the World Rugby Educator Course.