PERFORMANCE COACHING COURSE / WORLD RUGBY COACHING LEVEL 3
A three-day course (plus pre & post course Zoom sessions, which on the successful completion of all modules (alongside pre/post course work) the coach will be accredited with the NZ Rugby Performance and World Rugby Level 3 Coaching Certificate.
The following is some criteria for those wishing to be nominated for this course are:
- Attending coaches must be able to able to commit to attending ALL modules from 9:00 am Friday 23rd September to early afternoon on Sunday 25th September 2022 (this includes attending the Wellington Lions vs Waikato, Bunnings NPC match on Saturday 24th September, 4:35 pm KO at Sky Stadium, Wellington and pre & post course Zoom sessions)
- Attending coaches will be expected to complete pre-course Zooms and post-course follow-up work related to the planning and analysis of the team they are coaching, reflect on their coaching and be observed by a licensed Coach Educator to gain full accreditation.
- Attending coaches must have completed various World Rugby online learning certificates (details will be provided to coaches before the course).
- Attending coaches need to plan for and deliver a short coaching session on Day One of the course (details will be given to coaches before the course).
- Attending coaches will need to have attended a Rugby Smart Course in 2022 and should be coaching a 15 a-side team in 2022/2023
- Preference will be given to coaches who have completed DRC/L2 or equivalent prior learning/experience.
- Preference will be given to coaches who have shown a willingness to upskill themselves (formal and informal).
- Preference will be given to coaches currently (or moving toward) coaching at Female or Male College 1st XV, Colts Premier, Club Div. 1, Representative and HP level.
There is a course cost of $500.00 (incl. accom.) or $350.00 (excl. accom.). To be paid before the start of the course.
You may be eligible for a funding grant for attending this course, through MRU/NZR.
Coaching role in 2022 and/or 2023:
Able to commit to ALL the dates/times as above: Yes / No
Brief Coaching Bio (incl. team/role/year + any other relevant experience/quals (can include playing experience):
Accommodation Required: Yes / No
2022 Rugby Smart attendance: Yes / No
Last coach up-skill attended:
Successfully completed the DRC course (or equivalent): Yes / No
Name of Provincial Union this nomination is endorsed by:
Any other supporting Information:
**Please note course attendee numbers are limited**No video selected.