Vacancy: Pouāki-ā-Hine (Activator - Females)
Manawatū Rugby have an exciting opportunity for an innovative person to shape the way we deliver and grow rugby for wahine, of all ages, in our region.
We are recruiting a role for Pouāki-ā-Hine (Activator - Female) in a two-year fixed term role.
This is a delivery-based role focussed on implementing new initiatives to supplement the existing programmes run by MRU.
Manawatū Rugby has seen huge growth in the wahine side of the game. This is a rare opportunity to take a key role in shaping the direction and development of women’s rugby.
The key purposes of the role are to:
- To engage with more women and girls in rugby as players, coaches, referees and administrators in Manawatū using innovative ways to attract them to the sport.
- Improve engagements and visibility for women’s rugby within Manawatū Schools and Clubs.
- To work as an active member of the Game Development Team to foster the game through schools, clubs, and the wider community.
This is your chance to join a great team and contribute positively to the growth of rugby in Manawatū.
The Manawatū Rugby Union's purpose is to lead, grow and support rugby in Manawatū. That includes the 5500 community participants in our region each year along with our representative programmes and our two flagship teams the Cyclones and the Turbos.
The three major priorities for MRU are:
- One Team, One Whanau - We are Manawatū Rugby, we have 5,550 community rugby players and two performance teams in the Cyclones and Turbos, all of which we are incredibly proud of.
- Community Connections - We are proud to wear the MRU crest and put mana in the jersey, we are part of this amazing province and we give back to our community who generously support us.
- On-Off Field Winning - We are more than rugby. We have the opportunity to support and provide leadership in our community and impact people’s lives for the better.
Applications close with the Chief Executive Andrea Jackson, at 5pm on February 13th, 2022.
In applying, please ensure the following documents are forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Application form (available at manawaturugby.co.nz)
2. Your CV
3. A Cover Letter