Job vacancy: Referee education officer
Referee education officer opening in Manawatu and Horowhenua-Kapiti.
REFEREE EDUCATION OFFICER
Full Time Position
The Manawatu and Horowhenua Kapiti Rugby Football Unions (MRU, HKRFU) along with the Manawatu Rugby Referees Association and Horowhenua Kapiti Rugby Referees Association are seeking applications for a Referee Education Officer to manage the development, promotion and implementation of initiatives that increase the recruitment, retention, training and education of referees. To achieve this aim this full time role based in Palmerston North, will be responsible for the delivery of training, resources and services along with promoting best practice to referee associations, the MRU and HKRFU, schools, and clubs as well as providing education opportunities for players, coaches, media and fans in the Laws of the Game and the role of the referee.
Ideally, candidates would have experience in the following areas:
- Recognised referee experience
- A background in sports administration
- A understanding of the game of rugby
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn the Laws of the Game
- Proven relationship management and networking skills
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to train referees, coaches, and referee coaches
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal
- Presenting or facilitating at training workshops
Applicants also need to be a team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, be able to work flexible hours and travel throughout the Manawatu and Kapiti region.
For further information including a full position description, click here.
Applications close June 1 2018, please email to:
Manawatu Rugby Football Union