It has been an exciting past few weeks for Manawatū Rugby. A few quick highlights:
- Kaipo Olsen-Baker was been nominated for FPC Player of the Year, while Aaron Smith is up for the Tom French Memorial Māori Player of the Year and All Blacks Player of the Year at the ASB Rugby Awards.
- Cyclones players Rangimarie Sturmey, Hollyrae Mete, Traest Mafile'o, Elinor-Plum King, and Maia Davis attended a New Zealand Under 20 Women's development camp. READ MORE
- Vernon Bason (Manawatū Turbos), Sam Coles (Varsity), Liam O’Connor (PNBHS), and Logan Wallace (PNBHS) were selected for a New Zealand Under 19 Men's development camp. READ MORE
- MANUKURA girls won the Condor Sevens, while Feilding High School were runners up in the boys' competition. MANUKURA also won the Under 16 Girls Invitational.
HURRICANES DOUBLE-HEADER AT CET ARENA
Palmerston North will play host to a huge Super Rugby double-header on Friday 22 March. Hurricanes Poua will take on Chiefs Manawa in the first Super Rugby Aupiki game to be held in Palmerston North. This will be followed by the Huriricanes versus the Melbourne Rebels in their round 5 Super Rugby Pacific clash.
We're incredibly excited to host this double header and have the opportunity to cheer on the Manawatū players in the Hurricanes and Hurricanes Poua teams.
Keep an eye out for pre-sale tickets this month.
19 MANAWATŪ PLAYERS NAMED IN SUPER RUGBY SQUADS
7 Turbos were named in Super Rugby Pacific squads, while 12 Cyclones will feature in Super Rugby Aupiki next year.
SUPER RUGBY PACIFIC
SUPER RUGBY AUPIKI
Te Uarangi Olsen-Baker
MANAWATŪ WOMEN WIN SEVENS REGIONALS
Our Women's sevens squad went through the Central Region Sevens unbeaten, retaining the tournament cup they have held since 2012.
The tournament, held at Massey, was the first Central Region competition since 2019.
It was awesome to have provincial sevens back in the Manawatū, Hopefully this leads to more sevens tournaments for our players, including the return of Nationals.
FEILDING OLD BOYS-ŌROUA AND LINTON ARMY RETURNING TO SENIOR 1
Last week we announced that Feilding Old Boys-Ōroua and Linton Army will be returning to the Senior 1 club rugby competition next season. It has been great to see the overwhelmingly positive response on social media.
SEND US YOUR CLUB RUGBY NOTICES
We have created a new page on our website for clubs to share notices about things like vacancies, muster days, and open trainings. Check it out here.
If you're a club representative and would like us to post a notice, please email the details to email@example.com.
JUNIOR RUGBY BOARD ELECTED
The Manawatū Junior Rugby Board held it's AGM last week and elected it's members for the next year. The board members are:
- Hayden Hazlitt - Palmerston North High School Old Boys
- Kent Higson - Marist Junior Rugby
- Patrick Baker - Bush Junior Rugby
- Jeff Lane - Feilding Saturday Morning Rugby
- Nathan Gillard - Freyberg Old Boys
- Tommy Wanoa - Kia Toa
- Hamish McCallum - Te Kawau
ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS WITH GO MEDIA
Thanks to our major Turbos sponsor Go Media, we are offering our partners and supporters exclusive packages to promote your businesses in the Manawatū:
- $3000 Bus Deal - Includes two months advertising on a Palmerston North or Feilding bus back and two weeks on a Palmerston North digital billboard of your choice. $5000 will get you four months on a bus back and four weeks on a digital billboard.
- $5000 Digital Billboard Deal - Includes eight weeks of activity across Go Media's three Palmerston North screens.
The first five people to sign up for one of these deals gets a choice of a double pass to Juicy Festival in Wellington or Tauranga, or a double pass to One Love in Tauranga
The full value of sales of these packages will go back to Manawatū Rugby to help support the Turbos, Cyclones, and community rugby.
For more information or to take advantage of these deals, please contact Rachel Ferguson at Rachel@gomedia.co.nz or 022 344 3615.
Mā te wā.